What's new about BrainsBreaker jigsaw puzzles
- March 2015. New version 184.108.40.206: Black & White jigsaw puzzles.
- March 2015. New large set of jigsaw puzzles Blooming Spring 1.
- January 2015. A new large set of puzzles Charming Antiques 1
- December 2014. New version 220.127.116.11
- Added the new shape Vintage, very similar to the classic cardboard pieces.
- When creating a new puzzle, you can rotate the original image right clicking over the picture.
- September 2014. New large set of jigsaw puzzles World of Colors 2
- July 2014. New release 18.104.22.168
- One tray at a time: In the tray options (right click on a tray). With this checked if you open a tray, if there is any other open it will be closed automatically.
- Title bar of main window (when not full screen) shows the percent of solving of the puzzle and anchored pieces.
- Two new large packs of puzzles in the paid section: Rural Motives 1, with 40 puzzles of country scenes and cute animals, and Crazy Patterns 2, 25 challenging puzzles with repeated patterns.
- May 2014. New release 22.214.171.124
- New free puzzle "Color Foulards" included in the download.
- Possibility to disable the "Multipieces selection" feature in the Advanced options.
- April 2014. New release 5.4
- Scattering by color. Now the program offers the option to scatter the pieces grouping them by approximate color. Very useful in jigsaw puzzles with many pieces.
- Click+relase for dragging
- Added a new set of 40 puzzles of amazing landscapes in the paid section.
- Added a free pack of abstract jigsaw puzzles
- March 2014. A new large set and a free pack of puzzles.
- February 2014. New release 5.3.3
- Configurable sounds: Now you can choose different sounds or mute the events in the program (press F3 to access options and choose the tab Sounds)
- Starting a jigsaw puzzle, if you enter a custom number of pieces, the program offers an option to "remember" that value for the next time
- Pressing Alt+W while pointing over a piece sends that piece to the solution frame (as what does pressing Alt+number to send pieces to trays)
- January 2014. New large set of jigsaw puzzles Places of the World 2
- Added a new set of puzzles in the paid puzzles section. 40 stunning jigsaw puzzles of colorful images around the World.
- December 2013. New release 5.3.2
- Favorite backgrounds
- Crosshair in the center of the fixed loupe (shows the position of the mouse)
- Shortcut key V for "Solution frame here" (when displaying the target image) and shortcut key M to show/hide the mini-image
- Gallery in Alternate display mode (alt) shows time spent on the puzzle
- More details in the blog
- December 2013. New large set of puzzles with Christmas motives
- Added a new set of puzzles in the paid puzzles section at a special price of $4.95. 25 stunning jigsaw puzzles to relax in the Holidays.
Available until Dec 31.
- October 2013. New release 5.3.1
- Added the fixed loupe: now the loupe can work on floating or static mode (right click the mouse on its icon at the bottom left)
- Possibility to change the format of the time displayed on the desktop (0-24 or 1-12 am/pm, right click on it)
- The borders of the pieces can be sharper. (In General options, F3 key)
- The old executable gift puzzles from BB4 can be played & installed in BB5.
- August 2013. New version 5.3
- Text in the images: When you create a new puzzle from any picture now you can add text over the image... read more
- July 2013. New release 126.96.36.199
- Maximizable trays (press the key Tab while the tray is open, tab again restores to regular position).
- Resizing tray has been enhanced. Resizing from the top/left side keeps the position of pieces.
- Undo option added in the Main menu: It is available only immediately after scattering pieces or emptying trays and until you move some piece.
- May 2013. New release 5.2.8
- Organization of shapes. The program comes with 9 shapes of pieces installed. You can hide those you don't use frequently (later can be reactivated)
- Ability to save games setting a title, a player and a password (each one optional)
- April 2013. New release 5.2.7
- When resizing the puzzle the minimage can be resized to no overlap the Solution frame. (The mini-image must be placed at the left side of the board)
- February 2013. New release 5.2.6
- Piece anchoring: When you drop a piece in its correct position in the Solution frame it gets automatically anchored to the background so it stays in place and you don't move it unintentionally (if you still want to move it have to double click). This behavior can be changed in the Program's options (F3 key)
- Some new puzzles added to the download.
- December 2012. Seasons Greetings!!! With a new Version 5.2.5
- October 2012. Happy Halloween!
Celebrate it with a puzzle, free for everyone, it's here.
- September 2012. Version 5.2.4
- Now you can have a picture as the background, set it up in the Background window (press the key B to access it). Try a picture with the new "Colorize" option. Added also "Contrast" to spice up the regular backgrounds.
- You can choose the color of the frame that appears when you complete a puzzle (just click on the frame).
- July 2012. Version 5.2.2
- New option in BB5 for creating Mystery puzzles from your images. The option is in the "Create puzzle" section, you can choose a folder with many images and the program will pick one at random and create a mystery puzzle.
- June 2012. Version 5.2.1
- Added an option to BB5 to scatter all the pieces into the selection rectangle (click the mouse in the board or in a tray and drag. Then right click the mouse in the selection rectangle)
- The shape of pieces "Mosaic" has been added to the complements as an addon for BB5
- The program now recalls the position and size of its window if it does not occupy the whole screen when you close it.
- May 2012. Version 5.2 with Gift puzzles (Win & Mac)
- Now in BrainsBreaker 5 you can create the special gift puzzles that can be freely delivered and played by anyone. In order to play the receivers will need to have BraisnBreaker 5 installed (the evaluation version is enough, this provides the software engine for doing the gift puzzles independently of the platform -Windows or Mac-). Download
- And a new set of puzzles free for users of any version of BrainsBreaker.
- April 2012. Shape Starry in Complements
- Added the shape "Starry" to the addons for BrainsBreaker 5. Installable from complements. You will need to have installed at least BB5 version 188.8.131.52
- March 2012. Version 5.1.2 (Win & Mac)
- Adds a frame to completed puzzles. And on puzzles created on your images it can remove the outline of pieces when it is completed. Both features are configurable in the program options. Download
- Addon legacy cut of pieces from BB4 for BB5
- We started a collection of "addons" for the program. These will be installable and add features to it. To start we have the cut of piece classic from BrainsBreaker 4 (in BB5 will be named "BB"). It is at http://www.brainsbreaker.com/complements.htm and requires having installed BB5 version 184.108.40.206
- February 2012: Release of BrainsBreaker version 5.1.1 (Win & Mac)
- If you have been experiencing freeze ups in BB5 please install the latest version, we have fixed some issues that would stall the program when some other programs were active.
- November 2011: BrainsBreaker series 5 new version 5.1 (Win & Mac)
- New release in the series 5 program with the cut of pieces "Cubist" (legacy from BB4). Compatible for Win;& Mac (free upgrade for buyers of BrainsBreaker 5 license)
- August 2011: BrainsBreaker series 4 new version 4.11
- Adapted to recognize installations of BrainsBreaker 5 (both products can be installed simultaneously with independent icons)
- June 2011: BrainsBreaker for Mac is ready!
- Finally you can experience on your Mac the traditional BrainsBreaker's jigsaw puzzle experience.
Download the trial in the web site.
- The additional packs of puzzles are also compatible so you can install the additional free puzzles or buy the larger sets.
- Also the web site has been redone with a new look.
We hope you will feel comfortably and very welcome!
- August 2010: BrainsBreaker new minor release 4.10.107
- Better operation of mouse wheel to turn pieces (on some specific mice)
- June 2010: BrainsBreaker new minor release 4.10.105
- Option for disabling capture of the images in the Clipboard. This way the program will not interrupt if you are working on other programs (but puzzles can still be created with the option "Create Puzzle")
- March 2010: BrainsiBreaker new minor release 4.10.100
- Animation when scattering pieces (Control+R)
- January 2010: BrainsBreaker new minor release 4.10.004
- Multiple monitors: Better handling. If it is not already, set the program in Windowed mode and resize the screen to occupy the multiple monitors
- Never cheating mode: Press Control+F12 to access that option. From then on the puzzles will run not allowing cheats (autosolve, etc)
- November 2009: BrainsBreaker new version 4.10
- New mode of gift puzzles: The program can generate the puzzle file only, without software, so it can be attached to emails with no problems (email services that reject executable files for security measures).
The receivers of the puzzles will need to install the "puzzle engine software" by downloading at http://www.brainsbreaker.com/gift (it's the complete BrainsBreaker program that will recognize when opening one of such puzzle gift files)
- Enhanced piece rotation (the effect when turning pieces connected to others)
- Transparency of ghost image can be controlled with keys Control+F1 to F4
- Minor retouches to enhance compatibility with Windows 7
- Cumulative bug fixes.
- October, 2009: Added a new set of jigsaw puzzles for BrainsBreaker with large and colorful pictures. Free for registered users.
- May, 2009: New build, version 4.9.307 with an option to change the title of the jigsaw puzzles
- Now the puzzles you create can be renamed (right click the puzzle in the gallery)
- To avoid confussions and casual unwanted presses, now scrolling requires pressing Control+Space keys
- Added new jigsaw puzzles in the download of the program
- March, 2009: A new set of additional free jigsaw puzzles for BrainsBreaker
- January, 2009: New sets of puzzles in paid downloads
- Three new large, beautiful and colorful sets of puzzles in paid downloads.
- December, 2008: A new build, version 4.9.305 with aesthetic retouches and new puzzles in the download
- May, 2008: A new build, version 4.9.227 fixing incompatibilities with Vista x64 appeared with SR1
- April 29, 2008: Added a new set to the additional free puzzles with artistic images produced with PhotoChances
- April 2008: Current version of BrainsBreaker jigsaw is 4.9.225
- New puzzles in the download of the program.
- Fixed compatibility with Windows Vista x64 SR1
- Fixed bug when playing a gift puzzle with the program installed. Under certain circumstances the program could stall
- Sharper image when resizing
- March 2008: Current version of BrainsBreaker is 4.9.212
- Fixes minor bugs and compatibility issues.
- November 22, 2007: BrainsBreaker minor release vers 4.9.202
- Now the gallery shows more thumbnails if there's enough room on the screen
- Added a Find box in the gallery, press Control+F, type anything and the program will select a puzzle containing the text you typed
- Added new puzzles to the download (one in mystery mode)
- Bug fixed: Scattering pieces would keep some order in the pieces if there was little room outside the solution frame
- Fixed a bug that made the program crash when turning a piece in certain conditions
- October 2007: BrainsBreaker minor release vers 4.9.108
- Added a new puzzle to the program's download
- Aesthetic details enhanced
- Fixed bug that in specific configurations would load wrongly a saved puzzle
- August 2007: BrainsBreaker minor release vers 4.9.105
- Details and performance issues adapted for Windows Vista
- Aesthetic enhancements
- May 2007
- May 2007
- A new minor build of the BrainsBreaker (vers 4.9.102).
- With three new puzzles in the download
- Fixing small incompatibilities in
- In previous build of version 4.9,
when creating puzzles the background is set to dark gray by default,
this has been reverted to the previous mode where the program calculated
a background mixing randomness with colors in the image.
- If you tried or bought PhotoChances
previously, you may want to check a new major version 2.0. Now when
you capture an image you like, you can use the same effect in any
other images. It's like having photographic effects factory very
easy of use. Here's a gallery
with some samples.
is a photographic effects generator that builds a slideshow of your
images with spectacular effects and now it has ith easy access to
the effects for use in any photo)
- Coming very soon a new set of 12 additional free puzzles and a
large one in paid downloads
- February 2007
- New Version 4.9 with:
- Windows Vista compatibility.
- Scatter: Pressing R opens a window where you can control better
what will do the program when pressing the scattering shortcuts
- Scattering can be undone from the scatter settings.
- Help system changed to HTMLHelp, (a more modern and flexible
- New installer.
- When creating puzzles from files the filename is the default
title of that puzzle (can be edited)
- When choosing a background the current selection is painted
in the board to have a better idea of the result.
- November 2006
- Anouncing a new program: PhotoChances,
it will transform your pohtos on-the-fly with interesting image
effects. Try it at its web
- August 2006
- May 2006
- Program version 4.8 :
- Now the gift puzzles allow up to 100 pieces.
Program version 4.7 with:
- Pause mode.
For competitions and tournaments, to stop the timer pressing the P key will hide all the pieces and pause it
- Hide outline of the pieces: When a puzzle is completed, if itís created by yourself it allows removing the outline of the pieces (right click the mouse over any piece)
Program version 4.6 with:
Option for installing canned puzzles in mystery mode.
Menu in the thumbnails of the gallery (right click on any thumbnail)
Program version 4.5 with:
Windowed (non full screen) mode. Now optionally the program will not occupy the whole screen. Press Control+F
Scrolling. The program allows having pieces outside the bounds of the board. (To scroll hold down the space bar and click+drag the mouse)
Bigger gift puzzles. The size of the gift puzzles can be significantly bigger.
- Sound volume. The volume of sounds can be controlled independently of general settings of the computer
- New puzzles in the program's setup
- April 2005
- Public debut of
Kaleidoscope based on images from your computer
(It will use also
of puzzles in BB and creates great images for puzzles!)
- March 2005
Program version 4.4 With a
new cut of pieces named "Cubist"
One more set with 12 puzzles! for
cold winter days (fun also on hot days :-)
Added a set of 16 puzzles! about
flowers to celebrate Christmas
- August 2004
Program version 4.3 More puzzles with
the program's download and minor details.
One more set of canned
a mystery puzzle as usual.
Program version 4.2 More
free puzzles in the trial, support for multiple monitors
and minor details and bugs fixed
Program version 4.1 With an "edges"
option: Only visible are the pieces of the edge of the puzzle so you can work
them or put apart.
Two new sets of canned puzzles. One
is with the four puzzles in the set in Surprise mode.
Program version 4.0 with:
New shapes of the pieces,
each one has its own snag, strategy and beauty.
Ability to resize
the puzzle at startup or when playing on the fly
Two optional messages can be added to a puzzle
one to be seen at startup and one when the puzzle is completed
Gift puzzles can have different shapes. With
and ability to "certify" the score
The mouse wheel
can turn the pieces.
More canned puzzles, one
is in "Surprise" mode: You won't know what it is until you solve it.
version 3.4 with:
"Ghost image" optionally you can see the image you
are working in the background.
Ability to set the position of the solution rectangle
(press space bar while playing a puzzle and right click in the image preview)
Backgrounds: Can be set as default on different
contexts: For playing puzzles, for each box and for creating puzzles so you can
have for example always the same background on all the puzzles
version 3.3 with:
New gallery with bigger thumbnails and simpler
Enhanced gift puzzles, Added a timer/score when
playing the gift puzzles. Internally with a new format to cope with problems
when sending through some email systems. A gift puzzle can be saved as a ZIP
file that contains it.
Other minor enhancements, slide bar for zooming when
creating puzzles, improved install, automatic installation of a puzzle file
when clicked outside the program etc.