Today we're gonna share another gift puzzle (you can complete it whether you have the program licensed or in demo mode) of a simple but delicious cake, especially if you like chocolate. Download here the gift puzzle
It is so simple that we want to share the recipe here, in case you want to try:
- 200g bar chocolate (7.055oz). If possible, use pastry chocolate specially to melt.
- 200g butter (7.055oz)
- 200g sugar (7.055oz)
- 5 eggs
- 25g flour: you can use wheat flour or rice flour if you follow a gluten-free diet, for instance.
1. Preheat oven to 392ºF (200ºC) and grease a pan with butter and sprinkle with powdered cocoa too (better than adding flour, because it will be a very dark cake and this way it will be no noticeable).
2. In a medium bowl, melt the butter and chocolate in a bain-marie. Mix them with a wood spoon and once the mix is dissolved, remove from heat and add the sugar mixing well.
Let cool a few minutes and then add the eggs (one at a time and mixing them up well before adding the next one). Finally, add the flour mixing it well to avoid lumps.
3. Pour the mix into the prepared pan and bake for 25-30 minutes in the preheated oven. To see if it's done, insert a toothpick into the center of the cake: if it comes out clean, the cake is done.
You can decorate it with icing sugar, raspberries, chocolate syrup…
** We’ve used a 9.5 (24 cm) inches diameter pan and this has made a 1.20 inches (3 cm) of thickness (when you take it out the oven, it will be much higher, but it will be reduced after a while).
** The cake tastes so much better on the following day, and even better if you keep it in the fridge.
Bon appétit and happy weekend!